EoI-Consultancy services for carrying out a scoping study on artisanal and small-scale mining for the purpose of including the sub-sector in the revenue disclosure through TEITI
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR CARRYING OUT A SCOPING STUDY ON ARTISANAL AND SMALL-SCALE MINING FOR THE PURPOSE OF INCLUDING THE SUB-SECTOR IN THE REVENUE DISCLOSURE THROUGH THE TANZANIA EXTRACTIVE INDUSTRIES TRANSPARENCY INITIATIVE
- The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Ministry of Energy and Minerals (MEM) has received financial support to meet eligible payments for Provision of Consultancy Services for Carrying out a Scoping Study on Artisanal And Small-Scale Mining for the Purpose of Including the Sub-Sector in the Revenue Disclosure Through the Tanzania Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative.
- Tanzania joined EITI in February 2009, with the objective of promoting transparency and accountability in its natural resources. The process in Tanzania is led by a Committee consisting of civil society organizations, government agencies and extractive companies. In December 2012, the EITI Board declared Tanzania compliant with the EITI transparency standard. EITI compliance means that a country has an effective process for annual disclosure and reconciliation of all revenues from its extractive sector and that its citizens can see how much their country receives from oil, gas and mining companies.
- On behalf of the Tanzania EITI Committee, the Ministry of Energy and Minerals seeks a competent and credible firm, free from conflict of interest to provide the service of carrying out the scoping study. Tendering will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding Procedures specified in the Public Procurement Act, 2011. Interested consulting firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. In particular, interested consulting firms must provide company profile, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, and availability of appropriate skills among staff). Firms may associate to enhance their qualifications.
- The prospective consultant is to be selected in accordance with the Consultant Qualification Selection (CQS) procedures as defined by the Public Procurement Act, 2011 and its Regulation 263 issued under GN 446 of 2013.
- Expressions of interest (EoI) must be delivered to the address below by January 30, 2017 before 10:00 hours, and should be clearly marked on the subject “Consultancy for Carrying out a Scoping Study on Artisanal And Small-Scale Mining for the Purpose of Including the Sub-Sector in the Revenue Disclosure Through the Tanzania Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative.” Bids will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of consultants or their representatives who choose to attend the opening ceremony, at the Ministry of Energy and Minerals, TANESCO Building, Wing B 6th Floor, Room 10 C.
- EoI should be submitted to the Secretary of Ministerial Tender Board, 6th Floor, Wing B Room 10 C. Late or Electronic delivery of EoI will not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Energy and Minerals,
5 Samora Machel Avenue,
P.o. Box 2000,
11474 Dar -Es -Salaam.
Phone: +255 22 2117156-9
Fax: +255 22 2111749