India Scholarship Opportunities for 2016/2017-Doctorate, Masters and Undergraduate Courses
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF ENERGY AND MINERALS
INDIAN SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES FOR 2016/2017
Applications are invited from committed, motivated and qualified Tanzanians to apply for Doctorate, Masters and Under-Graduate courses, through the Indian Council of Cultural Relations in the best Coal Universities. The recommended top Coal Geology Indian Universities are:– Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad; Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi; and Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
Sponsorship will be in the fields of Coal Geology. The scholarships will be processed by the Ministry of Energy and Minerals in collaboration with the High Commissioner of India in Tanzania.
The scholarships will cover air travel, monthly allowance, annual grant and medical support at the University dispensary for the selected candidates. Details including application forms are available on the website: www.iccr.gov.in under section education, sub-section scholarship.
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- The eligibility requirements for degrees courses are available on the websites of the respective universities.
- Age limit: Applicants for masters and PhD need to be less than 30 and 35 years respectively.
- MODE OF APPLICATION
- Applicants should download the application form for the scholarship which is available on the website iccr.gov.in
- Applicants shall fill the application form, scan in PDF format and submit with certified copies of academic certificates through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants shall submit to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy and Minerals seven hard copies of the filled application form for the scholarship, certified copies of academic certificates as indicated in para 3.2 and one passport size photograph named and signed at the back.
- All applications in hard copies as indicated in para 3.3 should be submitted with motivation letter stating level of studies they wish to pursue (Masters or PhD); why they should be offered the scholarship; and how they will use their knowledge for the benefit of the nation. In addition the application should be with CV indicating their academic and practical background in the fields of coal geology. The applications shall be addressed to:-
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Energy and Minerals,
5 Samora Machel Avenue,
- O. Box 2000,
11474 Dar es Salaam
- Closing Date: Both online applications and hard copies need to be submitted before 15th January, 2017.
- Testimonials/ provisional results/ statements of results will not be accepted.
- Applicants who are employed in the Public Service should route their applications through their respective employers; and
- Any application without relevant documents shall not be considered.